Caramel Cricket Crack Corn
- 5 cups (43g) popped popcorn
- 1/3 cup (7g) Marx Foods crickets
- 1/3 cup (100g) cashews
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons (8g) salt
- ¼ cup (56g) water
- 2 tablespoons (28g) unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25g) baking soda
- 1/3 cup (24g) toasted coconut chips
- 1 teaspoon (2.5g) curry powder
- Combine popcorn, crickets, and cashews in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, salt and water. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid, reduce to a simmer and cook until the sugar reaches a deep amber color.
- Remove from heat and add the butter and baking soda. The mixture will foam up, just continue to stir until it is incorporated and smooth.
- Immediately pour the mixture over the popcorn mixture and toss to combine.
- Scatter into a single layer and bake in a 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the curry powder evenly over the corn, stir and redistribute the caramel corn evenly; cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cool, break into bite size pieces and store in an airtight container.
Credit: Emily Munday and Culinex / @culinologists