Tex-Mex Cricket Cornbread
- Coconut Oil
- 1 cup self-rising yellow corn meal
- 2 tablespoons Aketta Cricket Flour
- 1 can cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup milk (or whey)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 table spoons chopped jalapeno peppers
Heat oven to 450℉. Coat loaf pan with coconut oil to prevent sticking.
Beat eggs in bowl. Add in corn meal mix, aketta, cream corn, milk (or whey), oil, sugar, cheese and peppers. Pour into loaf pan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes.
Credit: Chelsea Standish